We believe that ethical learning is a life-long journey. Adult growth and learning includes exploring ideas, learning skills, exploring philosophical and religious topics, and inspiration to more ethical living and better human relationships. We believe that such growth and learning can take place in a variety of settings, with others whose ideas and interests may be different than our own, so our horizons are expanded.
Our Sunday morning platform meetings are one way that we try to meet this human need for learning and growth.
On Sundays, we also have chorus rehearsals and, about once a month, a performance -- serving the needs of those who want to learn to sing in community.
Also on Sundays, beginning in January 2009, we'll hold a Colloquy before some platform meetings.
We also have periodic groups and classes on specific topics, including
- book or movie discussions
- classes on ethical, religious, and humanist topics
- classes on relationship, communication, and decision-making skills
- discussions on topics such as environmental issues, simple living, civil liberties, racism
- parenting workshops
- writing groups, poetry groups
- interest groups: parents, couples, women, men
- community retreat -- usually in even-numbered years
- fun -- dance classes, detective novel reading group
Click below for specific announcements of current, recent, or upcoming opportunities.